Thursday, April 11, 2013

Editing Analysis


For the smaller task of this short assignment I chose an article that needed to be clarified in simpler terms for a wider audience. To me this is one of my immediate natural strengths because my writing is of the described as such. My goal was to decipher all the inappropriate jargon and determine the material that was actually necessary to allow the article to be more universally received. So I broke down the article word for word until it seemed satisfactory in laments terms. For the larger task of the second portion on the assignment I chose a different approach, to summarize an article by shedding a brighter light of the subject. Since the article was based on the life story of an original pioneer I was drawn to it. During the process of this assignment the one article that came to mind was, Lazere “Avoiding Oversimplification”. Donald Lazere's article contains a plethora of information mainly dealing with fallacies, and more specifically with oversimplification. His position provided a guideline for me to abide by for not distorting the articles with to much saturation of the original language and wording. Though this seems to be something that is trivial and insignificant, it's really quite important.

No comments:

Post a Comment